Somehow I missed posting last week’s musings. Sorry about that. They were not too interesting anyway. J
I have several updates for you so I hope that you will read to the end. I like everyone to know what is happening on my blog and in life in general. First – blog stuff.
1. I have a page dedicated to guest blog posts that I have written for other bloggers. I have done a really poor job of promoting these posts as I forget when they are scheduled half the time. I am going to keep up with that better! Meanwhile, there are some rather good posts that I would love for you to get a chance to read. Right now, the page is arranged alphabetically by Title. I will be changing that as several readers who already visited the page said it made it tough to remember what they had already read. So, I will be revamping the page and listing posts by date, more recent ones first. Hopefully that will help everyone keep track of what they have read. I will also gather some related posts together and highlight them on some future blog posts.
2. As I mentioned last week, I am now a contributing writer with Multicultural Familia (MF)! I am so very excited about this and TODAY is our official launch. Please head over and check out my post along with those of our other talented writers. I would love it if you would help spread the word about this important resource! The MF page on my blog has links to all of the contributor’s personal blogs as well as an option to subscribe to a daily email feed which will list posts published that day by each contributor. Great way to keep up with everyone in one place.
3. Not to shortchange my Natural Parents Network family, I have also created a page dedicated to NPN and the volunteers’ individual blogs. Again, you will find links to the individual blogs of all of the volunteers with NPN. You also have the option to subscribe to a daily email feed for NPN volunteer posts.
4. My blogroll page has been updated. I have arranged it by category. If you have a blog and would like to be added, please let me know. I am happy to do so!
5. I am doing away with my recipes tab. I know, I know. But right now, I cannot keep up with that. I might revisit it down the road. This does not mean that I will never post another recipe. I still plan on doing that when I can. I am toying with the idea of a monthly post where I provide you with one or two days worth of complete meals and corresponding recipes. No promises…just thinking out load.
6. I have added a Real Food Resources page. Check out links to some great blogs highlighting everything from scientific studies, to recipes, to giveaways, to personal accounts of following traditional/real food diets. There are a lot of websites and blogs out there but these are the ones I feel offer the most!
7. And finally – a rather unique page and one that I will highlight again in the future. It is my STORE page. In an effort to generate a little extra income for our family, I have become an affiliate for some pretty outstanding resources. Menu planning services, cookbooks, real food resources, and parenting resources can all be found on this page. There are not a lot and there will probably not be many more added in the future. I only want to promote products that I truly believe in, that I use currently, and that I feel will benefit many of you. I will NOT be pushing sales or constantly nagging on you to buy anything. If any of the items in my shop go on sale I will let you know about that but otherwise, I will only remind you occasionally to check out my shop. This is for the benefit of new readers who may not know about it! If you decide you would like to purchase anything I am affiliated with, please be sure to click the link on my page so that I get credit. J Thank you!
I have added some new “share” buttons at the end of my posts. If any of you use StumbleUpon I would LOOOOOVE it if you would stumble my posts on occasions. XOXO
Sorry about the bazillion different fonts. After the great Blogger crash of 2011, my fonts are all goofy now. I cannot seem to fix this and Blogger insists on making its own font choices regardless of what I tell it. Bear with me until I figure it out!
A couple of readers have suggested that they are not a huge fan of giveaways on my blog. It has nothing to do with the giveaways themselves but more like they do not want to see me turn into a giveaway blog. First, I have NOT received any sort of compensation for doing these giveaways. I have been so impressed with products that I purchased on my own, that I asked the merchant if they would be willing to share with all of you. I have a few more giveaways lined up through the summer but my blog will not become a review/giveaway blog. Notice – no page for that! My blog will remain a natural parenting, green living, real foods inspired blog with the occasional giveaway!
And finally, my hindquarters. I am slowly healing but really do miss sitting down. My feet are swelling now by the end of the day. Kind of reminds me of being pregnant. I go see the doctor next week and am anxious to see what he has to say. I know that I will not be sitting or driving any time soon but I would love to be able to bend over and squat if the need arises!
A quick note on Tiny and our rhythm. A few weeks ago Tiny and I were visiting the sheep around the corner when some of the babies began to breastfeed. Tiny was intrigued albeit a little confused. Well, she has made sense of it all and now, EVERY MORNING, we have to go around the corner, sit in front of the sheep and let THEM observe Tiny having her milkies. Mind you, the sheep are on a busy “ish” street so I am sure people are wondering what we are doing. But it makes Tiny’s little world that much brighter so I am happy to do it. It’s the small moments like these that I will one day long for…