Although Tiny has a limited vocabulary and nonexistent typing skills, she nevertheless insisted on writing her own blog post. She felt that it was very important to provide her perspective on extended breastfeeding. I think she makes some valid points so without further ado, here are Tiny’s Top 12 Reasons Why She Still Breastfeeds:
1. It is sooooooo much fun to be drinking some delicious mama’s milk, straight from the tap, and then hear a car horn beep outside. This gives me free reign to promptly delatch (while milk sprays everywhere), say “beep,” and then honk mama’s nipples. Oh yeah – that is the life.
2. I am endlessly entertained by watching mama’s facial expressions after I use a little too much teeth. Sometimes she yelps which is funny too.
3. Although I do not enjoy gagging when I drink to quickly, the resulting “vomit all over mama” is priceless. It usually happens right after we have both had a shower and are in clean clothes. Mama grumbles over the mess which causes me to break out in giggles.
4. Who wouldn’t want a soft, warm nipple in your mouth as you drift off to sleep? Seriously? You are all crazy if you answer no.
5. It usually tastes amazing. Way better than any other beverage available. The only time it is nasty is when mama eats super hot peppers. Not a fan!
6. It is better than any drug out there. Oh wow – I go to my euphoric happy place after the first few sips!
7. I never get bored of handing mama my baby, my puppy, my bunny, or my kitty and asking her to give them milkies. She always accommodates their needs, even at the park. Hey – my babies get hungry too!
8. There is NOTHING better than warm milkies when my ego is bruised, my body is injured, or my emotions are off center. Milkies ground me.
9. It’s funny to see men get all weirded out when I have milkies in public. Some women too. Mama always tells me that they are ignorant and to ignore them. Their disgusted expressions just make me suck longer.
10. I only know one sign and it is milk. Therefore, I like to use it. Mama should have taught me more if she didn’t want me breastfeeding so much.
11. I find it highly entertaining to be able to wake mama up at night by signing for milkies against her ear.
12. Uh, duh! Milk it does a body good!