When I discovered coconut oil a couple of years ago, I took a lot of time researching the various brands available. I wanted to make sure that I was getting the very best. I also wanted to make sure that I wasn’t spending an arm and a leg.
Enter Tropical Traditions.
When I did an internet search for coconut oil products, review after glowing review of Tropical Traditions popped up. I read them all. Ok, I read the first 3 pages worth. Apparently this was the go-to coconut oil in the coconut oil world.
My coconut oil arrived two days later (even with regular shipping) and I eagerly opened up the jar and dug in with a spoon. YUM! Honestly. This coconut oil was fantastic. (I made the mistake of eating too much on day one but that is a story for another day).
I was completely hooked. Knowing what I knew about the powers of coconut oil, I become a coconut oil devotee. I was thrilled to have found a company that offered a superior product at an affordable price. I was also excited to be able to purchase coconut oil in bulk. Tropical Traditions is the only company I know if that offers five gallon pails of coconut oil!
Tropical Traditions offers several types of coconut oil in a wide range of sizes including Gold Label Coconut Oil, Green Label Coconut Oil, and Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil. Gold Label is my oil of choice although I do use the Expeller pressed for personal care products as well for my dog. If you would like to see a side by side comparison of these three products, visit the FAQ section on the Tropical Traditions site.
I think that it is very important for anyone interested in coconut oil to watch this short video: “How We Discovered Virgin Coconut Oil – An Interview with Brian Shilhavy, CEO Tropical Traditions”. It will really help you understand more about this amazing product.
Aside from the fact that Tropical Traditions offers one of the highest quality coconut oils available, there are a whole host of reasons why you should do business with them. Here are just a few highlights:
· They have a strong commitment to family farming and organic standards.
· They stand firmly against genetically modified foods.
· They research and find out where the products are produced, and how they are produced. If they do not meet their standards then Tropical Traditions will work with the producers to enhance the quality of their product.
· They adhere to fair trade practices.
· Their customer service is fantastic! I had ordered several bags of flour and due to a labeling error was sent the wrong ones. (It was a LOT of flour too!) I called customer service and they sent four new bags out. Again, there was a labeling error that had not yet been discovered so now I had eight bags of the “wrong” flour. Not only did they quickly fix the labeling error but they sent me eight bags of the correct flour. And I got to keep the eight other bags of flour. Needless to say – I have enough flour of the rest of my life.)
· The founder of the company is ridiculously nice, extremely devoted to his company and customers, and goes out of his way to make personal contact. Seriously. This man blew me away recently with the time he took to have an email exchange with me.
Obviously, Tropical Traditions is my go-to source for coconut oil but did you know that they sell all kinds of other great products? I also purchase items like palm oil, coconut flour, coconut peanut butter, coconut hair oil, toothpaste and more. They really are a one stop shop!
Guess what? Tropical Traditions is generously giving away a 32 ounce jar of their Gold Label Coconut Oil to one lucky reader!
All you have to do to enter is to visit the Gold Label Coconut Oil Page and tell me where the coconut oil is made. Then, leave a comment on this post (be sure to include your email if it is not linked to your profile)!
But wait! There are MORE ways to win!
Extra Entries are SUPER EASY. Leave a second comment with the numbers of the corresponding entries. So if you did them all you would simply say “I did #s 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. Easy, easy peasy! I will do the heavy lifting at the end of the giveaway.
Here are all the extra entry options. If you are already doing these, cool. If not, have at it!
1. Subscribe to the Tropical Traditions Newsletter (where you will stay up to date on sales like free shipping!)
2. Like Tropical Traditions on Facebook
3. Follow Tropical Traditions on Twitter
5. Like Hybrid Rasta Mama on Facebook
6. Follow Hybrid Rasta Mama on Twitter
7. Follow Hybrid Rasta Mama on Pinterest
8. Follow Hybrid Rasta Mama on Networked Blogs
This giveaway opens today, February 28, 2012 and closes March 9, 2012 at 11:59pm PST. Winner will be selected via random.org. I will email you and you will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is selected.
If you order by clicking on any of my links and have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you will receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.