Of all the posts published on my blog, never in a million years would I imagine that a guest post series on essential oils would generate the most “hate mail.” I mean, I have discussed my decision to eat meat after a decade of being a vegetarian. That seems a little more controversial to me. My parenting philosophies surely don’t resonate with everyone. I make a lot of claims about the power of coconut oil. But no, no one has ever verbally assaulted me for any of those post (and a big THANK YOU for that).
Small distracted side note that I might get jinxed for even writing but… I honestly have the most amazing, peaceful, respectful group of “fans,” “followers,” “readers,” whatever you wish to refer to yourself as. Seriously. You are all so wonderful. If you do not agree with me or a comment from someone on my blog, you have been able to honestly and openly express your points of view without resorting to name calling, hatred, rudeness, pettiness, insults, or other disrespectful interactions. This is RARE in the land of bloggers. It really is. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you honoring my blog as a harmonious, peaceful, informative space.
Back to the post that rocked my world yesterday. Let me emphatically state that I am incredibly discerning about what products I feature or mention on my blog. Not sure if you have noticed but I do not have sponsors or advertising on my blog. I have mixed feelings about that idea and for now, am not offering any sort of paid anything on my blog.
I will ONLY feature products that I personally use and love. 75% of the giveaways I run on my blog are products/services that I have purchased with my own money, used, and loved. I then approach the company/individual about doing a giveaway. The other 25% of the giveaways are from companies/individuals who found me and provide me with a product to try out. I have turned many product offers down. I have also tried some products, disliked them, and not offered them as a giveaway. In fact, two other coconut oil companies sent me product to try and it was not in line with the coconut oils I have featured. Therefore, I declined their offers of a giveaway.
I have a lot of recipes in my forthcoming Ebook that use essential oils. I have a lot of information in my Ebook about essential oils. I have a post in the works about essential oils but I wanted to branch out a little and bring in a guest post series focused on essential oils from someone very experienced in them. I searched and searched. I found Carrie’s blog and developed an email relationship with her. I like Carrie. She is very grounded in family and conscious parenting. She lives her life mindfully. She believes in holistic healing and a natural lifestyle. We connected and I approached her about guest posting.
The point of this series on essential oils is NOT to force your hand at trying the Young Living Oils line of products. As with all my product posts, if the product interests you, check it out. If not, ignore it and enjoy the rest of the information from the post.
The emails and messages I received about this guest post were pretty nasty. I was called evil, a sellout, shady, and host of other unpleasantries. My Facebook comments were much more respectful so THANK YOU for that! I get that some of you may have thought that I was aligned in some sort of business arrangement or had something to gain from choosing the YLO product to feature. Not true. I have NOT received ANYTHING from YLO or Carrie. No free product, no money, nothing. What Carrie generously is offering is a wonderful giveaway item at the end of the month. And for this, I am grateful.
I have used and do use many brands of essential oils. I like Young Living Oils. I also like DoTerra. Eden’s Garden is good in a pinch to use in a diffuser. Mountain Rose Herbs carries a great line of EOs. And there are more…many, many more.
I will happily feature a giveaway from another brand of essential oil IF the right one comes along. YLO does not suddenly “have a lock” on my blog as someone mentioned in private Facebook message.
I realize that the title of the post didn’t “fit” the content and that is an oversight by me. I have since changed the title to reflect the content more accurately. Carrie’s next two posts (one which includes the giveaway) are VERY FOCUSED on the uses of essentials oils. In fact, I am really looking forward to the next post because Carrie teaches us how to cook with essentials oils.
Please take this guest series at face value and don’t read into my “intentions.” Enjoy the information.
Thank you for everyone who does read my blog. I appreciate all you bring to it through your comments, your shares, your feedback, and your questions.
And since I love a good conspiracy theory I have decided that this odd attack on this post was a collaborative effort from some disgruntled distributors of another brand of essential oils. Sounds good to me!