I am in love with chai. I could drink a one gallon chai tea latte every day.
In a quest to combine my love of chai with my love of cupcakes, I stumbled into a new breakfast creation that is GAPS legal! Whoo hoo! It is protein packed, nutritious, filling, and delicious! Oh, it is also really easy to make and will inoculate your home with an intoxicating scent for the rest of your day.
Some of the links below may be affiliate links. Thanks for supporting this free resource!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the spices together in a small bowl. (If you have the time it is best to let them rest together for 15 minutes or so).
- Combine the coconut flour and baking soda together and set aside.
- Using mixer, combine eggs, melted coconut oil, honey, and vanilla ingredients until they are really well combined and even a little frothy.
- On low-speed, mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until all of the lumps are gone. The batter will seem a little runny. This is ok. It should look more like pancake or waffle batter.
- Pour into muffin tins (about 2/3 full) and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- I eat these fresh out of the oven but you can also let them cool and eat them at room temperature.
- If you like to live on the wild side, you can grate some apple and fold it in after you mix the wet and dry ingredients. The same could be done with grated carrot. I have tried this recipe with both and it turns out great! If you want to turn this into a cupcake, you could do that as well. A nice buttercream frosting (made with honey) would be a nice touch. Top it with a dash of cinnamon and you will have a healthy cupcake with some pizzazz!