Welcome to the Festival of Food Carnival. In celebration of summer, we’re sharing recipe ideas for healthy snacks and picnic food, or anything you could take outdoors with you. Hosted by Diary of a First Child and Hybrid Rasta Mama, you’re welcome to join us next time, or if you have a recipe you’d like to share, add it to the linky below.
Who doesn’t love a simple, light summer desert? I certainly could use one from time to time.
This gluten free summer cobbler certainly hits the spot without compromising health! I will warn you…it is addicting!
- 3 cups assorted fresh fruit or berries, sliced, chopped or diced to your liking
- Juice of ½ lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon(optional)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- In a small bowl, combine the vanilla, arrowroot powder, cinnamon and the 2 tablespoons raw honey.
- Place the fruit and/or berries in a large bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Toss the fruit/berries gently with the above mixture. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, sea salt, coconut oil, and 1/4 cup raw honey.
- Place the fruit/berry mixture in a 3 quart baking dish then crumble the almond flour topping over it.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes. You want the fruit mixture to bubble and the topping to crisp and brown slightly.
You can pour this over vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt or simply serve it plain. Taste best warm!
The links in this list will be live by the end of the day, as participants in different time zones publish their contributions
- Abbie at Farmer’s Daughter shares 5 Easy, Healthy Recipes for Summer Picnics. Abbie uses fresh, seasonal fruits and veggies as the stars of her favorite summer recipes, including Greek Yogurt Dip, Sauteed Corn with Basil and Johnnycake Peach Cobbler. You can also find Abbie on Facebook.
- Laura from Pug in the Kitchen shares her new favorite packable lunch – Quinoa Love. You can also find Laura on Facebook.
- Christine at African Babies Don’t Cry shares how easy it is to add more greens to your and your families diet with delicious green smoothies! You can also find Christine on Facebook.
- Jennifer at Hybrid Rasta Mama shares her favorite Gluten Free Summer Cobbler. This light, easy, and delicious cobbler is a great dessert, snack, or breakfast! You can also find Jennifer on Facebook.
- Luschka at Diary of a First Child shares her muffin tin snacks , perfect for quick and easy lunches or lunch boxes, since they are delicious hot or cold
If you’d like to add your recipe to the blog hop, please do so below. You will have to add our badge to your post before you’ll be able to link up!