Welcome to 2013! I am so excited about this year. Not only do I think it is going to be a great year for me personally, but I also feel like the energy in the universe if shifting for the better and that humankind is going to make great leaps forward in taking charge of their health naturally!
You all know that coconut oil is my go-to cure all. It has at least 333 Uses! What better all-natural, readily available product to start the New Year with?
Below are 10 ways to ring in your New Year’s Health Goals with coconut oil.
While there are certainly a lot more, these are probably the more common health goals that coconut oil might be able to support.
- Digestion – start 2013 off right with more effective digestion. The saturated fats in coconut oil help control parasites and fungi that cause indigestion and other digestion related problems such as irritable bowel syndrome. The fat in coconut oil also aids in the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, making you healthier all around.
- Weight loss – simply put, the saturated fats contribute to weight loss. Coconut oil has been proven to stimulate the metabolism, improve thyroid function, and escalate energy levels, all of which help decrease your unwanted fat while increasing muscle.
- Bowel Function – coconut oil is very helpful in regulating your elimination patterns. It can help address several intestinal ailments such as IBS, Colitis, and Chron’s, all of which can foul up your bowel function. Coconut oil is especially effective when used in conjunction with the Squatty Potty.
- Cholesterol – if you are struggling with your cholesterol ratios, coconut oil can help! It improves the HDL (‘good’ cholesterol) to LDL (‘bad’ cholesterol) ratio with regular consumption.
- Stress Relief – need to get a handle on your stress and anxiety? Coconut oil can relieve mental fatigue by applying it to the head in a circular, massaging motion. The natural aroma of coconuts is extremely soothing thus helping to lower your stress level.
- Improve your insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose! Coconut oil is great for both diabetics and non-diabetics who want to get their blood sugar stabilized before addressing other health issues.
- Thyroid Function – if you suffer from any sort of thyroid issues, including Hashimoto’s, coconut oil can truly help. Be sure to click the link to read more about how coconut oil can help!
- Skin conditions got you down? Create better skin health and treat a wide variety of issues by applying coconut oil to your skin and ditching all your drugstore lotions and scrubs. (If you need some inspiration, I have a whole eBook of skin care product recipes!)
- Are you finally ready to seek help for an addiction? Coconut oil can help support you during Alcohol or Drug Detox. Coconut oil will help your body process out the toxins and support your overall health and energy levels through to process.
- Replace some chemical laden household cleaners with coconut oil! Help keep toxins out of your body by replacing your furniture polish, shower cleaners, and stainless steel polish with coconut oil!
How are you planning on using Coconut Oil to improve your health in 2013? Do share and remember, the easiest way to add coconut oil into your diet is to cook and bake with it! Good thing I have compiled 68 recipes to help you with that!
And don’t forget – check out my Products I Love page to see which coconut oils I use and love!