image

Coconut Oil For Intimate Uses

Coconut Oil and Intimate Uses: HybridRastaMama.com Follow Me on Pinterest

Oh yeah folks! It’s time to get down and dirty with Hybrid Rasta Mama!

Important Note – I am going to be deliberate in my word choice throughout this post. So I apologize now if I offend your sensibilities with my Victorian-era infused word choice. I just want to stay off the search-engine radar for posts that might be of questionable nature if you know what I mean.

I get a lot of emails asking about coconut oil use in the bedroom. While blissfully unaware that I was turning into the coconut oil lubrication go-to, I happily shared both my knowledge and experience with anyone who inquired.

So today, I am giving you the low down on using coconut oil “downtown” if you get my drift. And with that intro – let’s head to the bedroom shall we?

Coconut oil is a relationship changing lubricant. Without getting too graphic here, you will enjoy intimate moments in ways you never thought imaginable. Seriously. Coconut oil takes things to an entirely new level in bed (or wherever you are enjoying adult time).

What I love about coconut oil is that you can use it to start off with a nice couples’ massage. Not only does it er, start things off on the right foot, but your entire body will benefit from a rub down with coconut oil. I mean, it has amazing health benefits for skin.

After you and your partner are all nice and shiny, you can move on to the main event with coconut oil playing a key role in keeping things er, moving along nicely. Unless you are allergic to coconut, coconut oil is the safest lubrication you could ever use. You really do not need too much, it lasts a loooong time, and it smells pleasant. Plus it is completely natural! No chemicals, no preservatives, no unnatural sticky-gooey yuck! If it gets on your sheets, furniture, or counter tops, it won’t stain or leave behind other unpleasantries.

Did you know that most commercial lubricants:

• Contain parabens (which are estrogen mimickers and have been linked to breast cancer). Chemicals like parabens are easily absorbed through the skin, and mucous membranes, like vaginal tissue, are even more susceptible.
  • Are petroleum-based (which means you are putting fossils fuels up your “yoni”)
  • Contain glycerin (or a word starting with “glycol” in the ingredients). These ingredients are closely related to glucose, which means they’re a sugary feast for yeast. Appealing much?
  • Can prevent conception. Studies show that lubricants like KY, Astroglide and FemGlide affect both sperm quality and motility, meaning they slow them down and damage their DNA. So if you are trying to conceive, traditional lubes won’t cut it!

If those four factors alone don’t make you want to jump on the coconut oil bandwagon, I don’t know what will. Oh wait – did you forget how I mentioned that coconut oil will take your adult fun to an entirely new level?

So now that you are rushing to grab your jar of coconut oil and your partner, let’s address the big ol’ elephant in the room. Coconut oil and condom safety!

If you were to do an internet search on the compatibility of coconut oil and latex condoms, you won’t find a whole heck of a lot. Sure, there are all kinds of opinions on it, but no real hard and firm evidence to support its safety.

Although many oil-based lubes (including semi-natural oils like vegetable oil, Crisco, and olive oil) degrade latex condoms, the degree that an oil causes a condom to break may not all be the same based on the physical and chemical properties of the oil. For many people in the public health field, it is important that individuals change behaviors rather than provide a complex message about which specific oils may be safer. Public health officials want everyone to use condoms as disease prevention and therefore find it easier to send you to your local drugstore to purchase chemical filled synthetic lubes.

If you have a need to use condoms and really want to take advantage of sexy-time a-la coconut oil, purchase polyurethane condoms instead of latex condoms. There are no reported issues of oil-based lubricants breaking down polyurethane condoms.

Still want to stick with your latex condoms? Well, I for one would be comfortable using coconut oil in conjunction with them but that’s just me. Don’t go out and make a decision because I said I would do something. Do your own experimentation. It’s actually kind of fun!

First, blow up a latex condom and tie it like a balloon. Placing a few drops of coconut oil on your fingertips, massage it into the condom. Now, for MOST oil-based lubricants, the condom will pop within a few seconds. Why? Baby oil, lotion, vegetable oil, and many other oils cause latex to lose its elasticity and break down. When I conducted this experiment, the condom never popped. Therefore, I was comfortable with using coconut oil as my lubricant of choice.

There is one small issue that could occur when using coconut oil and condoms. If your partner’s manhood is covered in coconut oil BEFORE the condom goes on, there is the possibility of the condom sliding off. (I told you it was slippery stuff). Anyway, it is a good idea to make sure your partner’s manhood is coconut oil free before putting that puppy on. Then you won’t have anything to worry about.

One warning before we move along…you *may* associate adult time with the smell of coconuts which could produce involuntary responses when you are in the presence of coconut fragrances. Hee hee. I joke. Sort of.

Coconut oil is more than just a lubrication for fun-filled adult rendezvous. If you are a woman who is experiencing any sort of vaginal dryness, you can use coconut oil to restore moisture as needed. This is particularly good for women in the throes of menopause! It can literally be the answer to prayers.

There is one more piece of information that I do need to share with you before I head off to take a cold shower. (Just kidding…this post wasn’t THAT exciting!)

Some women MAY experience a negative change in their vaginal flora when using coconut oil as a lubricant. Since coconut oil is such a powerhouse, there is a possibility that if you had some unwanted bacteria or yeast, the coconut oil will destroy it along with some of the good bacteria. If you notice a “negative” reaction to using coconut oil, try placing some probiotic powder up your womanhood to restore the balance of healthy bacteria. Lay off the coconut oil for a couple of weeks while things even out.

Interested in purchasing MY favorite coconut oil? Check out my Products I Love page to see what coconut oil I use!

Soooooooo….are you going to make the switch to coconut oil for intimate moments? A simple yes or no will suffice. I don’t need details. ;)

Comments

1. Ah, thank you! I have wondered if I could use it for this activity!

2. I have been following your blog and sharing your posts with friends. I loved this post and found it informative as well as humorous. Thanks for sharing!!

3. Thank you for actually stepping up and publishing this post!

While shopping for some “goodies” for my husband and I, I was shocked to see some of the ingredients in personal products and even in (yes…I am about to go there…) edible products such as body paints, creams, etc. I wouldn’t ingest that stuff any other day of the week and will certainly not make an exception for the intimate times. I feel in LOVE with this body spray at Victorias Secret that included a couple parabens, saccahrin, and I stopped reading there…because there was no way I was going to buy it!

Thanks for the info. about the coconut oil! I am actually experimenting with some sweet smelling homemade fragrances and personal products :-)

4. This is awesome and very useful ;-) I love that you conducted the “balloon” experiments yourself!

5. Love the experiment! Cool idea. And thanks for mentioning to me in the past that CO works well in this instance. We rarely get to go upstairs (literally, upstairs to the bedroom) and the kitchen is just CLOSER (for fetching)! lol

6. Once again, hilarious and educational! I love the balloon experiment, too. :)

7. This appealed to my twisted sense of humour!
    (Will somebody tell them about coconut oil?)

Murphy’s’ old lady had been pregnant for some time and now the time had come. He brought her to the doctor and the doctor began to deliver the baby.

She had a little boy, and the doctor looked over at Murphy and said.
    ‘Hey, Murph! You just had you a son,!

‘Ain’t dat grand, !!’ Murphy got excited by this, but just then the doctor spoke up and said, ‘Hold on! We ain’t finished yet, !’

The doctor then delivered a little girl. He said, ‘Hey, Murph! You got you a daughter, !!!! She is a pretty lil ting, too….’

Murphy got kind of puzzled by this and then the doctor said, ‘Hold on, we aint got done yet!’

The doctor then delivered another boy and said, ‘Murph, you just had yourself another boy, !’

Murphy said to the doctor, ‘Doc, what caused all of dem babies?’
    The doctor said, ‘You never know Murph, it was probably something that happened during conception.’
    Murphy said, ‘Ah yeah, during conception.’

When Murph and his wife went home with their three children, he sat down with his wife and said,
    ‘Mama, you remember dat night that we ran out of Vaseline and we had to use dat dere 3-in-1 Oil.’

She said, ‘Yeah, I remember dat night…’

Murph said, ‘I’ll tell you, …. it’s a good ting we didn’t use Q20

8. Great article..can’t wait to try it ;]

9. Thank you for posting so much information. I’ve been researching all night about “homemade intimate lubricants” and the coconut oil option looks like the best of them all. I’m glad I have a jar of it in my pantry. Now I just have to wait for my husband to get home from work.

10. OddmentTweak says:

Thank you for so clearly confirming the fabulous idea I’d had last night when we were frantically searching for the k-y. No more.

11. celeste says:

I want to try the coconut oil but prone to yeast infec. I am super sensitive down there. Even If I use certain soaps it triggers it. Please help rastamama

• Coconut oil actually helps control yeast! Try a little tiny bit and see what happens. Have you tried putting probiotics there? This can REALLY help.

12. I am a professional massage therapist and my new girlfriend is allergic to coconut oil. I am worried about giving her a massage using it because he throat closes when she ingests it. Pretty much all my massage oil has coconut oil in it and I was wondering if external contact will cause a reaction?

• If your girlfriend has a true coconut allergy (and it sounds like she does) then she could potentially have a reaction to the coconut oil even if used externally. The best test it to place a small drop on the inside of the wrist. Wait 24 hours to see if she develops a hive-like reaction at the site. If not, try a larger area, like her thigh. Again wait 24 hours. If there is no reaction, then it is safe to use!

13. Simply, yes!

14. I have spectrum organic virgin coconut oil (unrefined) and was wondering if that was ok to use?

15. We have tried coconut oil for lubricant and quite enjoy it. One question I have though, we have noticed the coconut oil can become gritty (for lack if a better term). It’s tricky to explain but starti…

Read More at http://www.hybridrastamama.com © Hybrid Rasta Mama

16. Unfortunately no, I have been parinoid that coconut oil would be being used commercially with some condoms as not all have the ingredients and as I am allergic to coconut oil it was a logical fear( at least that’s what I tell myself!)

17. Hey! Thanks for the post. I keep getting UTI when we…you know!! so i thought of trying coconut oil. I use it for everything else. Just wondering what do you mean try probiotic up there? Do you mix it with water of something?

18. Due to my wife being sick for a few years I have had to please myself and discovered Coconut Oil. After reading your article I think this may help get our Sex life rekindled at least a little bit to start. Thank you for this information. If successful I will post again.

Robert

19. What about during pregnancy

20. I am a self proclaimed perv and I found this article through a google search. Despite my pervy tendencies I like to avoid chemicals and wondered about coconut oil as lube – since it’s good for so many other things.

I loved your article but I can’t understand calling out pervs at both the top and bottom. It seems judgmental and shaming. I almost stopped reading after the first paragraph. I’d so much rather encounter sex positivity.

21. I’m prone to Urinary Tract Infections, most lubes will irritate me and cause them. Is coconut oil safe for me, um, down there?
    I use coconut oil as a makeup remover so I know it doesn’t cause irritations to my skin at least.
    Thanks!

22. Preggo Mama says:

So, I just want to put it out there for everyone that in fact, coconut oil DOES cause latex condoms to break down. I’m speaking from experience here. We are currently expecting baby #3, enough said? :) Your experiment may not have fully err, recreated the um, full experience that the condom goes through when slathered in coconut oil if you get my drift. I didn’t dawn on me until after the fact that maybe the coconut oil had something to do with the breakage. Said condom was actually the SECOND condom that broke, but the first did not result in conception. We thought it was a total fluke and threw out the whole box of condoms and bought another box. The second time, about a month later, led me to do some research because it was just too odd to have it happen twice in two months with different boxes. I’ve been married for almost 9 years and the whole no oil lube with latex condom discussion just never crossed my radar. I suppose I’ve never actually read the package insert on a box of condoms so the lack of info is on me. If you are not yet convinced, I suggest doing some real-life experiments with latex + coconut oil, but avoid doing so in your fertile period unless you’re hoping to conceive!

• Thanks Preggo Mama! This is a good PSA. ;)

• Yes! Just last night I had two latex condoms break in a row during, y’know…and in both cases there was lots of coconut oil (which I love) on both sides of the condom. Great tip about the polyurethane condoms, though – I’ll try those next. I hate regular lube – it’s so sticky and dries up.

23. Hello! wonderful article. was wondring- how would I keep coconut oil in liquid form if I wanted to add other essential oils.

24. For those prone to UTIs. I recommend taking a cranberry supplement on days you are intimate. It helps immensely. Drink with lots of water as exta fluids flushing through help as well.

25. Can you use Louana coconut oil for your body and intimacy ?

• Yes you can!

• Anonymous says:

Can refined be used? Or is unrefined safer?

• Either one is just fine! Depends on how much coconut scent you prefer! ;)

• I have read everything on here about coconut oil and its “use” in the bedroom. I am just wondering do I buy the message coconut oil or the stuff in the jar? also if I where to buy in the store do I get it from the food section? I am assuming the liquid coconut oil would be better for the intended “use”. Any help would be awesome.

• Your best bet is to buy the coconut oil in the food section. Massage coconut oil usually has other stuff in it. Coconut oil is a solid at temps under 76 degrees. It begins to melt above that. If it is in a solid state, just grab a little out of the jar and the “rubbing it on” part will melt it quickly. ;)

26. Anonymous says:

Can refined oil be used? Does it have to be unrefined?

27. When using coconut oil as a personal lubricant does it matter what kind you use? Expeller pressed, extra virgin, etc?

28. Nami Sehgal says:

Yes. I am bit nervous as it is my first time. I hope it goes well. But thanks admin your information will help me a lot. Earlier I was tensed a lot now I am relieved a bit. This will surely gonna help. Hats Off To You Admin. Take Care

29. So I have read everything on here about coconut oil and its “uses” in the bedroom. Do I buy the massage oil, or the jar? And in the store do I buy it from the food section or is it in the healthcare section? I would think a liquid would be more beneficial for the intended use.

30. I think I got a yeast infection from using coconut oil as a lubricant- this makes sense to me because it’s naturally antibacterial and antifungal! Now I’m drinking Kombucha and reading conflicting info as to whether that’s a good idea- help!

• Hi Chelsea,

Some coconut oil users have found that coconut oil can kill off too much of the good stuff, thus allowing yeast overgrowth in those individuals already susceptible to yeast. To balance this out, you need to put some probiotic powder up your vaginal canal after using coconut oil as lubricant. This will take care of things quickly.

The Kombucha thing is a loaded issues. I have read a ton of conflicting info. It doesn’t bother me personally but again, I am not prone to yeast. Are you making the Kombucha yourself?

31. Thanks for a great article. Just a question, because of the antimicrobial properties of coconut oil, could this cause any harm to the sperm when trying to conceive?
    Many thanks, Claire

• To my knowledge there have not been any studies on this topic. Coconut oil would not harm sperm because it does not attack human tissue, but rather feeds it. Human cells absorb the MCFAs and use them like they would glucose, as food, to produce energy. Sperm would be no different. If anything, I would think it might make the sperm more motile and thus increase the odds of pregnancy.

32. I have read lots about coconut oil, and this is definately one of the best to read with lots of good info. I or rather we really enjoy using coconut oil for many readons, feels nicer than say vaseline, good for dry winter skin, vpcan be used as a massage and a lube, etc. But I have a question….the last several times I have bled after my husband goes in me. Could this possibly be caused from using CO? Maybe effected the balance of bacteria in my vagina?? I don’t know. I have tried to do some research online but haven’t gotten too much info or answers for my symptoms. Anyway if you have any ideas please let me know. Thanks!!

• Hi Anna!

It does sound like the coconut oil is causing some PH changes which may have weakened your vaginal tissues. Do you have probiotics? You might try putting a little bit of the powder from the capsules in your vaginal canal after intercourse. It might take a couple of weeks to rebalance things so just take things easy for a bit if you know what I mean. ;)

33. Great post! I wanted to buy just organic coconut oil but wondered if it always comes in a jar and is hard…or are you guys using a liquid form (I don’t quite think so, and that would mean heating it up, right?!)

Thanks in advance!

Keep coconutting folks!

34. Hello, i love using cocoanut oil as lube ! Its is amazing but i was afraid that the latex condom would break so like you said in your blog i blow up a condom and put some on …. And nothing happened ! But when you have sex there is heat and friction so i started rubbing it to simulate, and it broke. I tried more the once to make sure ! I just thought i should let you and others know if your using coconut oil as a lubricant do not use latex condoms !!!

Have fun !

35. Lol thanks for sharing, I looked this subject up as someon post in the comments on my blog that CO could be used this way. Good to know, and thanks for the entertaining post!

36. Yes I have always thought that using an oil base product was a no- no because it is not water soluble and so your body would have difficulty removing it without soap! True?

Trackbacks

1. [...] interesting use of coconut oil! I got inspired by your post and went out and googled some stuff: http://www.hybridrastamama.com/2013/…mate-uses.html "In some ways, being a well-controlled diabetic is an ongoing science experiment" [...]

2. [...] said to help with things such as thyroid function and metabolism.  It can also be used for, ahem, intimate times.  And don’t forget your pets!  Give your dog or cat a small amount (one half to one teaspoon [...]

3. […] reported to be a great lubricant. Is using an oil-based personal lubricant a mistake for women? http://www.hybridrastamama.com/2013/…mate-uses.html Kindest […]

4. […] 8. Sexy timeの潤滑ゼリーとして使用 ムフフ… ですね♥ ”coconut oil for intimate use”によると 実際、市販の潤滑ゼリーよりも安全だそうです。 […]

5. […] 10. Sexy timeの潤滑ゼリーとして使用 ムフフ… ですね♥ ”coconut oil for intimate use”によると 実際、市販の潤滑ゼリーよりも安全だそうです。 その他に、 […]

6. […] Coconut Oil for Intimate Uses from Hybrid Rasta […]

7. […] addition to being healthy to eat, coconut oil benefits extend to the bedroom. Coconut Oil is a fantastic lubricant for adult activities. Here’s […]

8. […] Coconut Oil for Intimate Uses by Hybrid Rasta Mama […]

9. […] you use coconut oil as a massage oil, it’s a tasty tropical experience. And if you didn’t get your hair out of the way in time, […]

10. […] We have sex multiple times on weekends, and sporadically throughout the week in the evening, as that is what his work schedule allows.  We mostly have quickies on weekdays, and long, slow sex on the weekends.  We sneak away to “nap” and “give each other massages” as often as we can.  We have sex on the couch, on the other couch, on the living room floor, in the kitchen, on the kitchen floor (the kitchen sees a lot of action; I guess I look good cookin’), on the chair in my painting studio, on the chair in the dining room, in the guest bed, outside in the yard, in the van…  Yoga mats, piles of blankets, and tons of coconut oil helps. […]

11. […] needed in small amounts. Learn more about the benefits of using coconut oil as a lubricant from Hybrid Rasta Mama and Dr. Jen […]