We’re all good friends now right? Therefore, you know that I am completely over the moon about coconut!
Coconut and I have a deep love affair so what better way to shower Rasta Daddy with affection than with a coconut filled treat or two? (If I could shower him in just coconut, I might do that too. Ooops…did I write that?)
Anyhoo – I am sharing two of my most favorite and easiest coconut goodies with you. You can whip these up tonight or even tomorrow morning and surprise your loved one(s) with a tasty and pretty healthy Valentine’s Day treat!
If I planned it out right, this post contains affiliate links.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, honey, strawberry, and vanilla until well blended. Place the mixture in the freezer for about 5 minutes. You need the mixture to harden a tad to make it easier to work with.
- In a small bowl or on a small plate, place a decent amount of coconut flakes. Eat the pieces that fall off the edge of the plate.
- Roll the now slightly hardened batter into truffle shaped balls (or hearts if you desire). Lick your fingers between each truffle. (Hey – it isn’t made with love unless there is the cook’s spit on it!)
- Gently roll the truffles in the coconut flakes. Keep licking your fingers.
- Place on a plate and chill in the refrigerator for an hour. Stare at the refrigerator to make the time go faster.
- Then…. EAT. ALL. THE. TRUFFLES. And maybe save one for your Valentine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a heavy 3-quart saucepan, combine egg whites, honey, and salt. Heat on medium until warm to the touch, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the shredded coconut, coconut flour, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Continue stirring until gently sizzling.
- Immediately remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of the bittersweet chocolate until melted.
- With a cookie scoop or measuring tablespoon, scoop the mixture into balls and place on prepared cookie sheets, spacing about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until set and crisp around edges.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- After the macaroons are cool, melt the remaining chocolate and dip the macaroons in them to coat. You can also drizzle the chocolate on.
- Lick the remaining chocolate out of the bowl. Then let the macaroons harden on wire racks.
- DO. NOT. EAT. ALL. THE. MACAROON. TRUFFLES. You will get sick to your stomach after eating a dozen strawberry coconut truffles plus these truffles.
- Instead, store macaroon truffles in airtight container at room temperature up to 1 day or in freezer up to 2 weeks.
- Or better yet. Give them to your Valentine!