I love me some chocolate cake. Cupcakes more specifically. However, I rarely make chocolate anything due to my dietary limitations. But sometimes, sometimes I NEED chocolate. And. I. Need. Cake.
You are gonna love this recipe! Some links are affiliate links.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together the eggs, vanilla, cocoa powder, and honey in that order. You don’t need anything fancy. A bowl and a wooden spoon works fine.
- Add the baking powder and mix for a minute.
- Pour the batter into a small cake pan, those small Pyrex round containers, or cupcake tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. It will be hard to tell visually if these are done. Use a toothpick to check the center for doneness. And for gosh sakes, do not let them burn!
- We enjoy this chocolate goodness in its virgin state. However, it would be really good with some fresh whipped cream, a dollop of coconut cream, some crushed berries, or even a smearing of nut or seed butter. Really, the topping possibilities here are endless.
- Fair warning – once you try one bite, you WILL eat the entire cake. In one day. Don’t ask me how I know this.