I talk about poop on this blog more often than the average blogger (or at least bloggers whose focus is not poop. Yes, there are plenty of blogs dedicated to all things poop.) Anyway, everybody poops and honestly, I have no idea why the subject is so taboo. I mean, we eat, our body takes what it needs/wants, and the rest comes out. And for most of us, it comes out of the same place on our bodies. You know where I am talking about.
Last year I introduced you all to my experience using the Squatty Potty. Please read The Scoop On Poop for an amusing look at how the Squatty Potty and I became friends. Well, it has been a little over a year and my little Squatty Potty and I are still getting along fabulously. In fact, I would be lost without my little buddy.
Before I go further, let me give you a brief rundown of what the Squatty Potty is. Basically, it is a custom-designed foot stool which allows for proper toilet posture on your existing toilets. It provides a safe, stable platform to elevate the feet and legs, allowing greater hip flexion and straightening out the anorectal angle (kink). And, it wraps your toilet perfectly, allowing it to easily store out of the way when not in use. This puppy gets your little tushy into a nice, comfy squat so you can let nature take its course easily and naturally.
Here is a little list of why squatting is the preferred pooping position:
- Makes elimination faster, easier and more complete. This helps prevent “fecal stagnation,” a prime factor in colon cancer, appendicitis and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Protects the nerves that control the prostate, bladder and uterus from becoming stretched and damaged.
- Securely seals the ileocecal valve, between the colon and the small intestine. In the conventional sitting position, this valve is unsupported and often leaks during evacuation, contaminating the small intestine.
- Relaxes the puborectalis muscle which normally chokes the rectum in order to maintain continence.
- Uses the thighs to support the colon and prevent straining. Chronic straining on the toilet can cause hernias, diverticulosis, and pelvic organ prolapse.
- A highly effective prevention for and non-invasive treatment of hemorrhoids, as shown by published clinical research.
- For pregnant women, squatting avoids pressure on the uterus when using the toilet. Daily squatting helps prepare one for a more natural delivery.
The Squatty Potty stool isn’t just a great potty posture aid. No, no, no. It also has 10 additional uses, all discovered by my creative four year old daughter. The Squatty Potty also doubles as a:
- Step stool to reach the chocolate mommy hides
- Base for a tent for stuffed animals and dolls
- Door stop
- Upper level of a parking garage for wooden toy cars
- Deck that surrounds a dollhouse
- Doll picnic table
- Safety belt thingy on a pretend carnival ride
- Writing platform
- Something to put in the middle of the hall so mommy trips over it
You really get more bang for your buck if you have children AND a Squatty Potty. It can easily replace a lot of their toys and who doesn’t like to eliminate clutter?!
The makers of The Squatty Potty have recently expanded their line. Not only do they sell their world famous stool, but they have added “Good Move” and “Before You Go Eau de’ Toilet Potty Spray.”
This all-natural formula is full of all kinds of great stuff including:
- Aloe Ferox: Aloe is known and widely used for its anti-inflammatory properties, making it a natural choice for relieving IBS. Aloe also has a mild laxative effect. Aloe Ferox, one of several Aloe species, is particularly known for its positive effect on the bowel, skin and immune system.
- Probiotics: Probiotics help maintain a healthy amount of good gut flora. These beneficial bacteria perform an array of important functions including digestion of food and nutrients. Good Move provides over 3 billion CFU.
- Slippery Elm: Slippery Elm, first discovered as an herbal remedy by Native Americans, helps sooth inflammation. It is high in mucilage and when combined with water forms a smooth gel to help sooth inflammation and irritation in the digestive tract.
Good Move is organic, vegan, raw, and completely free of soy, gluten, dairy, and sugar. It has no binders or fillers and most importantly is Non-GMO. It also has tons of live enzymes and probiotics! I have not tried it personally but know two people who have and both love it for the occasional extra push. (tee hee)
The sweet smell of a freshly laid tu…poop. Ahhhh! Everyone’s favorite right?
I think not!
There are about a million other things I would rather smell than poop. Juniper Sage and Vanilla Verbena come to mind!
Thankfully, Squatty Potty knows that most of us do not enjoy that lingering “fresh poop” smell. They took the liberty of creating a wonderful spray that literally destroys any sign that you just laid a big one. This is especially useful if you are not in the comforts of your own home. No one wants to do the walk of shame out of their friend’s bathroom!
Simply spray this all natural Potty Spray a couple of times before you go and bam! No one has to know (or smell) your business.
The generous folks at Squatty Potty are offering you all a really awesome giveaway! So head over to my official giveaway post and enter to win!