I live with all dudes. My hubby, my son, my dog, and even my cat. It’s a lot of stinky dudes to be cleaning up after. The worst is definitely how stinky the dudes can leave a bathroom. Do ya feel me? Then, I found this AMAZING essential oil spray that is supposed to keep those foul offensive odors from ever even leaving the toilet bowl. This spray, called “Poo-Pourri” does exactly what it purports to do, but who has $10 to shell out for a small 2 oz bottle of it? Not this hippy!
I Decided to Make My Own No. 2 Spray
Of course, my first thought these days is “how can I make this myself to save money?” Making your own essential oil “Poo-Pourri” spray is as easy as 1-2-3! You just mix your essential oils and water, spray in the toilet….and umm…go. This spray is perfect to leave in the bathroom at work. Your co-workers will thank you for bringing it in and then ask you how you made it so that they can make some at home.
DIY BATHROOM “POO-POURRI” SPRAY
- 40 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 40 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 40 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 20 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- water to fill the bottle
- 4 oz. glass or PET plastic spray bottle
- Fill the spray bottle with the essential oils, gently swirling the bottle to combine.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water and shake before use, to emulsify contents.
- BEFORE going to the bathroom, shake and then spray into the toilet boil four times. The essential oils will disperse over the water creating a protective wall of scent, preventing any foul odors from escaping.
There Are MANY Scent Options You Can Go With
You do not need to be limited by my scent option given here. You can come up with your own blends too! With the holiday season looming, you can mix spicy and woodsy scents and create a space that feels like home…without the stench!